Friday, June 10, 2016

Blog Stroll


I was strolling through several of my classmates’ blogs from our online 3250 course tonight.  It is great to see what a diverse bunch we are.  I enjoyed reading through Blair’s post on keeping our motivation as instructors and accountability, and had a good laugh when he commented that sometimes he finds it hard enough to just floss his teeth every day.  I totally can relate right now.  I have been so busy with work, my online course and family lately that it is hard to keep up. 

I think for me when I look at the flip side of this situation I get clarity.  I branched out from my job of 15 years as an x-ray technologist at the hospital into the field of teaching for a variety of reasons.  One of these was because I wanted to continue learning and feeling stimulated about my career and not get stagnant.  Well, it has been a rollercoaster of a last four years with hardly a moment to floss my teeth since I started!  However, I think that this constant quest to learn is actually what keeps me motivated otherwise why would I carry on at this hectic clip?!  My students motivate me too.  When I see them working so hard, struggling and then succeeding and improving themselves how could I not do the same thing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment