Wednesday, June 15, 2016

And yet another great digital project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjrdjc7d5fU



I really enjoyed Melissa’s digital presentation on field trips found under the previous student examples link.  It was clear and concise and well organized.  I think that I especially loved that it contained a nice balance of theory of how field trips can add to student engagement along with several very practical tips on how to make this kind of experience a success.  I especially liked how she even covered important details like having a waiver signed, organizing car pooling groups and making sure that there was an alternate experience for those not attending.  It sounds like being prepared and organized are two ways to make a student field trip a hit. She spoke with confidence and had me convinced that she was a well versed instructor on the subject of field trips and it made me excited about planning this kind of an activity for my own students.  I have had first hand positive personal experience with field trips as a student and learned so much from them.  Sitting in a class having an instructor speak about the subject matter definitely doesn’t compare to an out of class experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment